Ausangate 4 Days and 3 Nights
AUSANGATE (4 days/3 nights) The long walk on the snow capped Ausangate mountain is one of most famous Apu of Cusco since inkas time.
This short walk is throughout made over the 4600 m.a.s.l. The Ausangate, snow-covered , visited by thousands of tourists, the one which lasts 4 days, proides beautiful landscapes; and a combination between lagoons glaciers and typical fauna of highlands
DAY 1: CUSCO- TINKI (3950. m.a.s.l.)
We leave cusco early morning by bus to Tinki, we will see nice country typical villages in heights of Urcos, we’ll be able to see beautiful landscapes, . After 5 hours, we’ll arrive to Ocongate, important town on the way coz´ (Lord of Qoyllorrity) after 30 minutes we arrive to Tinky, thus arriving we will explore the village and spend the night.
DAY 2: TINKI - UPIS (4200 m.a.s.l.)
After breakfast we start our long walk passing at 4500 m.a.s.l, soon to continue by the skirts of the snow of Ausangate until Upis. In the waywe can see lagoons of diverse colors, alpacas and other animals.
DAY 3: UPIS - PACCHANTA (4450 m.a.s.l)
We will continue walking and see the natural reserve of huallatas, vizcachas, and other wild animals of the place. We can say that this is a short hike, but one of the most pleasant day, because at the campsite we have opportunity to enjoy the thermal baths.
DAY 4: PACCHANTA - TINKI CUSCO (3950 m.a.s.l.)
This day we will walk 3 hours approximately and have lunch in Tinki before taking our local transport to Cusco.
Daily Departures: Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November
- transfer from your hotel and bus to Tinki, .
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort. Our
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent
- Toilet tent
- English speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 8 people)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food, cooking equipment ).
- 1 emergency horse every 4 people.
- tents for our guides, cook and horsemen
- Others: wake-up tea every morning , boiled water to fill in your water
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
-transport Cusco - Tinki - Cusco.
- Sleeping bag
- Tips: please beware that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not according to your wish.
WHAT TO BRING
- A backpack
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping. A down jacket is especially recommended for this trek since it runs at high altitude and temperatures may easily drop below freezing in the evening and at nights.
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired at our agency for US$ 4.00 / day)
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please beware that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection.
- water bottle and water purifying tablets.
- Small towel
- Swimsuit (if you intend take a dip at the hot springs along the route)
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Optional: walking sticks or poles
MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN
Machu Picchu full day
Machu Picchu 2 days
Wonderful Cusco 7 days
Salkantay 5 days
Salkantay 4 days
Inca Jungle 4 days
Lares Trek 4 days
Choquequirao 4 days
Ausangate Trek 5 days
Huchuy Qosqo 3 days
CLASSIC INCA TRAILS
Inca Trail 4 days
Inca Trail 2 days
Inca Trail 5 days
Paracas National reserve full day
Huacachica - Sandboarding full day
Paracas - Ica and Nazca 2 days
Ecomagic 3 days
Ecoadventure 4 days
Ecoparadise 5 days
MANU NATIONAL PARK
Manu Cultural Zone 4 days
Calle San Juan 264-near to Main Square,Cusco- Peru
OFFICE PHONE -